Wednesday, May 11, 2022

“Please let the SF Guys that may be coming to Bill’s services that we would love to see berets.”


May 11, 2022

Hello Members and Friends of the Association,

Per request of COL(R) Bill Brown’s family! 

“Please let the SF Guys that may be coming to Bill’s services that we would love to see berets.”

Ted Cooley

Visitation for Bill Brown will be Thursday, May 12th, at Gateway Funeral Home, 3596 US Hwy 441, Lake City, FL, from 5-7 PM.  His funeral service will be Friday, May 13th, at Old Providence Baptist Church, 9316 NW County Rd 245, Lake Butler, FL, at 10 AM.  Following his service, his internment will be at Elizabeth Chapel United Methodist Church, 189 Elizabeth Chapel Rd, Alma, GA, at approximately 4 PM, with military honors, in MaryEllen’s family cemetery.

 

 

 

US Special Forces Taps

 

 

To SFA Chapter POCs

 

Some of you know me from Facebook, where I run the U.S. Special Forces Taps group and some may have met me at last year’s SOA Reunion or SFA Convention in Las Vegas. I'm a Lifetime Honorary member of both.  I worked the registration desk and also made several video's shown during the SFACON banquet, to include the Taps Video that closed out the convention. For several years I've made it a personal mission to find and share the obituaries of Special Forces veterans with their SF brothers and the two Associations (SFA and SOA) if they were members. Along with sending the obits of SFA members to Mike Goodrich (SFA Executive Director) I recently started including Chapter POCs to receive obits of their Chapter members. Normally a Chapter is aware of the loss, but not always. I also receive obits or names of recently deceased from several Chapters and am thankful for the help.  By allowing me to share them immediately, friends and former teammates of the deceased don't have to wait for the next issue of The Drop. If offers the chance to attend the funeral or reach out to the family if desired.  To be clear, I'm not in competition with The Drop, and feed them obits of every SFA member I find.  Our audience might overlap somewhat, but our mission differs. I share the obit of EVERY Special Forces Veteran I find, not just SFA or SOA members. 

 

I was asked many times to find a way to share the Taps with those who aren't on Facebook, and a few months ago I created a website where I post the obits.  It also offers the choice to sign up to receive a daily email update of any obits I've posted in the last 24 hours. It couldn’t be easier to stay updated. 

 

So, if you receive an email from me with an obit of one of your Chapter members, now you know why.  

 

I've been asked to make another Taps video for this year’s SFACON in Colorado Springs.  It's an honor to remember your (and my husbands) brothers who made their final jump. 

 

Warm Regards, 

Bonnie L. Cooper 

Coop553@bellsouth.net

U.S. Special Forces Taps (website) 

https://specialforcestaps.com/

 

If you didn't see the Taps video played at SFACON 2021, here's the link: SFA Taps 2021.mp4

 

SFA Taps 2021.mp4

Special Forces Association members who passed away in 2021

 

 

 

Joe Pruett on behalf of

Ed Pijuan

President